Memberlist
Calendar
Search
Today's Posts  
Pets and Wildlife Forum
Register
Go Back   Pets and Wildlife Forum > Lost and Found - Adoptions > FREE Dog Adoptions

FREE Dog Adoptions Do you want to adopt a Dog or a Puppy? Or do have a Dog or Puppy that needs a home? List it here. SALES ADS WILL BE DELETED!

Old 04-17-2008, 06:47 AM

Default Teacup yorkie puppies for ADOPTION..

Teacup yorkie puppies are still available and i have the male and female ready.if you will be able to take good care of them, they are ready to go now.They are raised in socially and environmentally safe home. Outgoing, playful, and very cute.Here is an exceptional litter of yorkies. .The puppies are 9weeks old and are weighing 1.6lbs and would weigh 4lbs at maturity, worming record, an copy of USDA paper, AKC registration. They are full blood breed from standard AKC parents.Am given them out in a low price as new year offer to a good home.

- Ages: 10 weeks
- Weight: 1.8lbs
- Color: Black & Gold

Contact Email: deleted due to spam
Old 04-18-2008, 12:32 AM

Default Re: Teacup yorkie puppies for ADOPTION..

Pictures! Pictures! It's even harder to resist them once you see them.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Ghandi.
Old 04-18-2008, 08:17 AM
Administrator

I'm afraid this is just one of those breeders that put an ad like this everywhere and when you contact them, they want some serious money for those pups.

I'm not sure if I want to keep those Forums where people can post stuff like this. I DO have a classified section on my website, but it's not used much.

I had a lost and found in mind, not a breed and sell section.

What do you think? Last thing I want is to support breeders and puppy mills, ya know.
Rainbow Wildlife Rescue - Kittenbaby - Puppyeducation - Wildife Blog
Old 04-19-2008, 01:20 AM

My husband and I are actually in the process of starting our own little breeding program (we both want malamutes, and are looking at throwing down for pures, and breeding pups to kinda make the money back)

And so, from the caring owner standpoint, I'd like to know that I could advertise for the pups on somewhere with really caring people like this.

But from the intelligent breeder side of it... I would only be breeding my dogs if I already had homes lined up for their puppies. The pound has far too many dogs already, and pardon my french, but I'll be damned if I'm going to give them more.

Unless you are a serious kennel (and thus would not need to advertise like this) You have no business breeding ahead. A lost/found, free to good home, or other similar section seems a legitamate area for this board, but "buy my puppy!" fliers... kinda stands for everything most of your subscribers seem against.

Just my two cents.

"The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated." Mahatma Ghandi.
Old 04-19-2008, 07:58 AM
Administrator

I did exactly what you have planned, except with Huskies. I had a registered fenake Husky, my neighbor a registered male, so we let them together. I had people standing in line for those pups, yet I ended up paying over 2000 dollars on top of it for milk replacer for 8 pups plus vets plus this and that, because momma had no milk.

That was my first and last attempt to make money with animals and decided that there simply is no humane way of making money with live animals, period.

Then I started working together with the shelter and I'm seeing all of the animals..2500 out of 3000 to be exact, being euthanized..no way I am EVER going to allow any dog or cat to multiply, ever, especially not out of selfish reasons, be it money, be it because it's sooooo cute to watch them, or be it to preserve the blood like or whatever.

Anybody who wants a dog or cat, go to the shelter. I will discourage everybody to spend money on an animal, from a private breeder or petshop or anything of that sort.

I will adjust this forum to mirror that. I don't want to cut out breeders, because actually I'm doing websites for a few breeders that pay for the milk replacer for the orphans from the shelter that I raise...is only fair I figured.

To me, everybody that spends money on a dog, causes at least another dog to be euthanized at a shelter. I know the math is politically incorrect, that's why I call it an opinion. A radical too, I know, but in the role I'm playing, I need that attitude.
Old 04-19-2008, 07:16 PM

Lucky me, the local shelters are all Humane Society chapters (though that is only two within an hour drive really. As previously stated, most unwanted animals in my area are just shot and not even given the chance at adoption.)

So I dont see any doggie death outside of those that -have- to be euthanized for rabis or un-correctable aggression. As I said, breeding puppies is something not to be taken likely, and I doubt any casual breeder really makes money at it. You have to be mass producing several show-quality animals before you really begin to profit from that, especially since I'm 3-4 hours from any pet stores. (luckily) Though there is a kennel just up the road that deals mostly in small and toy breeds.

The reasons for wanting a purebred malimute... purely selfish. I prefer the way the breed looks to that of a husky, I like their size, and I like their power. Of course, I could scour the surrounding shelters for a kinda malimute, and this would be the typical thing for me do as I have had mutts or stray pures my whole life, but I really want my own pure Malimute.

And, with my work with Mulligan, I think it will be nice to come home to my pack and be able to relax. Having puppies to come home to will be nice too, as I only take adult or young adult dogs at the center. I've never been into animals for money, I do it for the selfish desire to help something, and to love. When I said "make back money" I didnt mean that those puppies would ever be a profit, only that if I am going to pay for pures, I'm most likely going to have a demand for pups, and that I am not opposed to putting a malamute into caring hands. Of course, anyone wanting one of my personal puppies is going to have to go through all the same long red tape and waiting as they would for my shelter dogs, which is usually discouragement enough, lol.

I still have at least two years to talk myself in and out of pure bred babies, plus I have yet to find even one breeder that meets all my (rediculously high) standards, let alone two with comepletely unrelated dogs. This has been something the husband and I have said we wanted for the last 5 years, but I imagine we'll both be retired before we really do it, if ever.

Old 04-19-2008, 07:37 PM
Administrator

That sounds all perfectly reasonable to me. You have been the exception to many rules already .

I had a malamute, or at least that's what my ex bought him for (turned out he was part wolf). His name was Hahiko and we had to put him down at the age of 16 months due to many many health problems as well as aggression issues towards people and lifestock. I only found out after he was gone that he was half wolf:

Here he was 5 weeks old when we just got him..and good old Sandy is already in the picture..man it feels like it was 20 years ago..was 15 years..almost as bad:

Old 04-19-2008, 08:20 PM

aww, he is absolutly adorable! Apparently my husband's afinity for malamutes is purely because they look so much like wolves. He loves the idea of having a half wolf, but I've already told him that while I would own a wolf cross, I would not allow it to be done in town, he has to wait until we have a farm outside of town.

I had an uncle with a dog that was 3/4 timber wolf. He was the sweetest thing, until it was discovered that he wasn't a husky mix, he was a wolf mix. After that my uncle freaked. He couldnt put the dog down because he had loved it so much when it was a puppy, but he was terrified of it when his young niece had to come live with him. So Jack got pinned up in a little area out back and no one was allowed to go near him.

It was absolutly terrible to have to watch the changes that came over the dog. Mom and Dad had no fear at all of Jack, always telling my uncle that there was nothing wrong with him, he was still the same animal as before, and that if anything was going to make him mean it wasnt his blood but the way he was being treated. I think that is the very point in my life that I realized how much impact owners had on their dogs.

My sister and I, as well as our cousin who lived there, were always sneaking out back and petting Jack through the pen and giving him treats, he was always so kind and so eager for our affection. We begged him several times to let Jack come live at our house, but my uncle was convinced he was going to turn crazy and wouldnt let dad take him. Despite that treatment Jack stayed a calm dog, eager for love for 8 years.

His end came when my cousin was climbing a tree in the back near his pen. She fell out and broke her leg, and no one could hear her inside. Jack got upset and jumped his enclosure, then went and sat next to her to calm her down. He grabbed the back of her shirt and carried her up to the back porch, she's always been a tiny girl and she said it didnt seem to bother him at all to carry her. Uncle happened to see Jack bringing Krista up and flipped out. He headed out with a rifle thinking Jack was hurting her, and when Jack saw him and put Krista down, Larry says he barred his teeth, aunt Jeanie and Krista say he smiled, either way, Larry shot him.

To have a dog be that caring and good natured despite all the emotional neglect he was dished amazes me, and I hate that it was ignorance and fear that lead to his death. I just wish that it was an isolated case.

Old 04-20-2008, 09:29 AM
Administrator

Wow what a story!

I had the opportunity to work with a pack of wolves a decade ago and my dream was to concentrate my rescue efforts on wolves. I even went this far and purchased 12 acres of land. I was in the process of dealing with the Gov. to finance the proper fencing, getting the permits, getting the right people lined up such as capable vets etc etc.

Unfortunately we were screwed by that real estate agency and lost $25 000 and the land. We got to keep the old house here, so I had to start all over with the little animals..not without more problems such as the citation and now waiting for 2 months already to hear something about the wildlife permit..it's very discouraging, to say the least. Thankfully I'm not a quitter, rather the opposite, it makes me mad enough to try even harder.

Anyways, to come back to the wolves, the bottom line that I learned from the wolves themselves is that if you love them, stay away..don't make them lay an eye on another human.

The misconception, the fear, the interpretation of whatever people see in them, the glorification..all of that is human made, has nothing to do with the animal whatsoever.

The wolf is a wild animal that is naturally afraid of everything that is larger than him, which includes humans. So why do people claim they love wolves and have one as a pet? Is a total contradiction to me.

And the last thing I would want to do is domesticate the wolf by breeding him with dogs and mix up the bloodlines, which is done unfortunately way too often. We have a law against wolves and hybrids for inside the city limits, but not outside.

I loved to work with the pack though, they WERE domesticated, most of them anyways, but it didn't feel right...deep inside it didn't feel right at all.

That's my experience with wolves and what I learned from it. Maybe it adds a little to your perspective .

Oh about Hahiko, what still kills me is that I worked with the wolves at the same time I had him and I did not figure out that he was half wolf and had all these problems because of that (not the health problems, the behavioral ones).
Old 04-21-2008, 05:38 AM

Default another wolf story

a quick wolf story....when my grandfather was alive, he always had dogs, what i can remember he had at least 8 dogs whenever i came to visit. i never really understood why until i got a little older. well anyway, this one visit my family went (i was about 7 or 8 at the time) grandpa had 10 dogs! two of which were pinchers and one was a 3/4 wolf hybrid. well long story short, the two pinchers had my cousin and i pinned in the corner (the adults were in the other room and didn't see this) out of no where the hybrid came snapped at the two pinchers and stood in front of us. those two dogs ran with their tails between their legs. the hybrid didn't leave our side for the rest of the visit and no dog, besides the hound (who the hybrid was fond of as i recall), came around us. i found out later that my grandfather was holding the dog for someone else....just like all his other dogs (he was a foster home)

gotta love that bully smile!

Calvin--"Do you believe in the devil? You know, a supreme evil being dedicated to the temptation, corruption, and destruction of man?"
Hobbs--"I'm not sure that man needs the help."

Bill Watterson author of Calvin and Hobbs