Memberlist
Calendar
Search
Today's Posts  
Pets and Wildlife Forum
Register
Go Back   Pets and Wildlife Forum > Pets > Pet Reptiles

Pet Reptiles If you own a reptile, this is the place for you.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:25 AM
Super Moderator

Default My Gator

This my little gator I used for my wildlife presentations. Also a before and after shot of his enclosure. The before is not foliaged lol

Old 06-05-2009, 08:39 AM
Administrator

Default Re: My Gator

That's a nice enclosure! And a nice little gator too! Do they get used to one person and recognize you? And don't you want to come down and help me fix my enclosures up? lol

I need to make an 8 x 16 x 10 coon-safe and put in a double door. The only problem is that I can't find anybody handy around here that is willing to help me out. Lots of talking the talk, but no walking the walk.
Rainbow Wildlife Rescue - Kittenbaby - Puppyeducation - Wildife Blog
Old 06-05-2009, 10:02 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissDolittle View Post
That's a nice enclosure! And a nice little gator too! Do they get used to one person and recognize you? And don't you want to come down and help me fix my enclosures up? lol

I need to make an 8 x 16 x 10 coon-safe and put in a double door. The only problem is that I can't find anybody handy around here that is willing to help me out. Lots of talking the talk, but no walking the walk.

Gators get used to the food source, I will always be on the menu though. He will snap me quick. Thats the problem with people feeding them=people sometimes become food here because gators loose their fear of humans.

I know how that is with people believe me. I ask for help all the time with my bear calls, its strange ,it seems people only have time when they can get their pic taken with a tranqed bear lol.
I wish I could help you but there is a little logistical problem lol
Old 06-06-2009, 12:38 AM

Tiny gator!!! He's so adorable! I love that gaping-mouth look, it never fails to crack me up when I see it, hahaha!
Old 06-07-2009, 11:09 AM

Very nice gator, looks like he could snap your finger off. How did you get him was he an orphan are there such things as orphan gators do they need to be taken care of when they are little? I could just imagine taking care of a group of baby gators; we think a bite from a baby squirrel is bad.

Love your enclosure.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:39 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by possumsrus View Post
Very nice gator, looks like he could snap your finger off. How did you get him was he an orphan are there such things as orphan gators do they need to be taken care of when they are little? I could just imagine taking care of a group of baby gators; we think a bite from a baby squirrel is bad.

Love your enclosure.

Nope gators are mostly prcocial,however the mama will help them out of the nest and guard them for about a month. There is no rehabbing of gators allowed in the state of Fl. ALL nuisance gators are killed now,it used to be that below 4 foot were released if they were not fed by humans. Now, even if a gator is not fed and a moron...err, citizen, and they call in about them in THIER lake the gator is immediately destroyed.
It is illegal to take a baby gator from the wild for educational purposes, you have to get them from a farm or institution like gatorland. The wild ones are killed=makes sense huh, I have a permit for exhibit and education.
Old 06-12-2009, 01:08 PM

Wow so they actually are more prone to harming humans by being more exposed to them? Thats weird! It should be the other way around, but no animal can be the same!